Rippling integrates with Ethena to sync employee data to Ethena’s platform, reducing the overhead of managing multiple systems
How do I connect to Rippling from Ethena?
- Sign into the Ethena Admin Hub.
- Click Accounts on the left menu.
- Navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Click Connect Rippling. This will direct you to Rippling's website.
- After you select the Rippling tile from the Ethena admin hub, we highly recommend No override - this will help your learners get the appropriate training based on their role and location.
You'll also be prompted to determine when you want learners to get added to Ethena (we recommend start date for this option), and employment types you want in Ethena (we often see companies do just FTE only, but depending on how often/frequently contractors interface with your teams or customers, you could include the 1099s too).
- Enter your Rippling credentials, select the appropriate settings for your organization, and complete the integration via Rippling.
If the connection was successful, the Rippling section of the integrations page will:
Show as ‘Enabled’
Display when the last sync occurred
Indicate how many users are managed through Rippling versus managed directly in Ethena.
You can turn off the integration at any time by selecting Remove Rippling on the same page. No employees will be removed from either system if you turn off the integration.
What information is transmitted between Rippling and Ethena?
The employee information pulled from Rippling into Ethena is:
Can I choose to manage team members manually instead of via Rippling?
Yes. If you would like to manage a team member manually instead of via Rippling, take the following steps:
1. Head to the Team Members page.
2. Find a team member's row in the list and click the three dots menu on the right.
3. Click the link to Manage this user manually.
4. Edit fields as needed.
5. Click Save Employee.
Is everyone in Rippling auto-enrolled in each course?
By default everyone will be automatically enrolled in a course (if this is enabled) when they are added into Rippling and fulfill the settings you have chosen for them to be sent to Ethena. Once they are sent over to Ethena, they will be assigned training based on the courses you have set to auto-enroll. You will need to use a CSV to enroll them in any courses for which auto-enroll is not enabled.
Please also note that if you don't have a subscription for the "Apps Management Package" the integration with Ethena will not be possible.
Once the Rippling icon is no longer showing next to the employee name, you’ll be responsible for managing that employee within Ethena. You can also transition folks by un checking the sync with Rippling box when editing their details. Rippling will no longer automatically update employee information for this individual.