Here are a few key terms you'll encounter as you use Ethena.
Admin Hub - The Admin Hub is where admin users of Ethena add and manage team members, set up training schedules, and send automatic reminders for training. Log into your admin hub here.
Learning Center - All team members who are taking training are known as learners. Learners access their training in their Learning Center, which is available to them either via magic link or through SSO, where enabled.
Training Course Components
Assignment - An assignment is a bundle of training modules that are to be sent out to learners with an intended date of completion. These can be scheduled in the future or immediately assigned if they have already been released previously by the admin.
- Module - A unit of training content, ranging in length from short bite-sized trainings to longer annual course foundations trainings. Modules are classified as either core learning modules or continuous learning modules.
- Core Learning (formerly Core Curriculum) - Core Learning refers to a series of modules that are designed to give learners a baseline understanding of a topic. Core learning modules can be assigned to automatically recur (yearly, etc.) or released one-time.
- Supplemental Core Learning - Supplemental core learning is an extension of core learning that is triggered when a learner changes roles or moves locations and has already been assigned Core (only applicable to certain courses such as Harassment Prevention).
- Continuous Learning - Continuous learning consists of short modules designed to reinforce key concepts and/or dive more deeply into topics from core learning. Continuous learning modules can be assigned to automatically recur on the standard continuous learning schedule or released as a one-time assignment manually by an admin.
- Automatic Assignment - Core and Continuous learning assignments can be set to automatically recur on a schedule set by an admin. Recurring learning assignments are created automatically by the Ethena Auto-Assigner.
- Auto-Assigner - The auto-assigner constantly checks learner statuses and other relevant rules to auto-assign modules on behalf of admins.
- Training Date - A company-wide setting for when recurring training is assigned. Assignments will automatically go out on this date based on a learner’s training cycle. This date is controlled by the admin and can be changed.
- Training Cycle- A period of time that a learner receives recurring assignments automatically.
- One-Off Assignment: A collection of one or more modules sent at a specified date, triggered by the admin within the app. Your learners are assigned training when they receive a one off assignment, meaning a module or piece of training is assigned to them one time and they are not automatically enrolled.
- Deadlines - Admins must set a deadline for each assignment.
Please note that Deadlines are based on calendar days and not business days. Additionally, once training is assigned it is not possible to change the deadline so be sure before you enroll your team!
Notification - Learners receive new training notifications from Ethena at the cadence determined by your organization's onboarding and continuous learning schedules. Notifications are sent when learners have new training content to complete.
Reminder - Admins also have the option to set a training reminder cadence. Reminders are sent either weekly or biweekly to learners who have outstanding training to complete.
User Completed → As soon as a learner completes the latest assigned module within an assignment, they will become Completed in that assignment. Appears as completed in the dashboard and learner profile.
Admin Completed → This status is given to assignments that an admin has marked as completed on behalf of a learner at the module level. Admin completed is a permanent action.
Within Deadline - Not completed, but the assignment deadline has not passed.
Incomplete - Not completed and the assignment deadline has passed.
Never Completed - If a learner has not completed their training from a recurring core learning assignment and the next training date has come to pass, the incomplete or partially completed training will be marked as “never completed.”
System Removed - Training removed by the auto-assigner because it is no longer needed, likely due to role or location changes.
Admin Removed - Admin removed modules will have this status, when an admin removes a module the training no longer appears in the learning center, the dashboard, or the learner profile. This is a permanent action.
Active - Learners who are active in the system and are not on leave/terminated/disabled
On Leave - An ‘on leave’ learner is not temporarily paused from training, but could be paused from receiving notifications (for example on parental leave)
Terminated - Learners that are terminated by the Ethena system or the admin. These learners no longer receive training of any kind as are not included in the platform per-learner fee.
Disabled - Disabled learners are marked as disabled by their HRIS integration. These learners no longer receive training of any kind and area no longer included in the platform per-learner fee
Additional Platform Components
Transcript - This provides a historical record of assignment + module names, assignment reasons, completion statuses, role changes, location changes, admin overrides and more. Each learner has one transcript, as the transcript encompasses information for all assignments for an individual learner. You can export this as a PDF.