We're going to go over how you can download Ethena courses as a SCORM file.
Please note: You'll only see this option if you purchased SCORM file access. If you aren't sure whether this applies to you, please reach out to your CSM or email@example.com.
- Firstly, you'll need to go to the Content Library > My Courses
- Select the course you would like to download to get this popup window:
- We suggest downloading the SCORM 2004 3rd Edition, but you are welcome to download any file type of your preference.
- Within the folder that is downloaded it'll include a PDF within the download that is a Course File Guide that can help to inform your decisions and how to use the Modules as well as an overall file structure.
- You are now done! You've got the course as a SCORM file ready to use.
What file types do you have?
We export multiple file types, we’re using SCORM as a catchall for these file types.
We will export the following file types: SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 3rd Edition, AICC, cmi5, and Tin Can (xAPI).
Once you have made your download you will want to upload the zip file into your LMS. For reference, the zip file has each of the courses modules within it, with a parent folder stating the name of the course such as "Harassment Prevention".
Are there functionality differences between the file types?
There is no difference in terms of training. Our training can be exported with identical functionality across all file types, so it really just comes down to your preferences and reporting needs of your LMS.
We suggest downloading SCORM 2004 if you are not sure.
It is important to note that there is a difference between formats when it comes to reporting. SCORM 2004, cmi5 and xAPI all support reporting data for checks on learning.
All older SCORM versions and AICC do not support reporting data for checks on learning.