When it comes to reporting misconduct and other concerns, maintaining a trustworthy, secure channel is paramount. That’s why Ethena’s Anonymous Reporting tool has been built with anonymity and data privacy as first principles. This article will answer commonly asked questions about the steps we take to maintain the safety and integrity of reports.
Who can view reports submitted through the tool?
- Only workspace admins that have specific permissions to view/manage reports can see cases that have been submitted via the Ethena tool. Reporters can see the names of these admins under the FAQs section of the reporting form. If the report is anonymous, the reporter’s name will never be visible.
- If reporters elect to receive them, status updates are sent to the email address submitted alongside the report.
- A reporter’s learning center will not contain any information about a report once it’s been submitted. In addition, the Ethena application does not save draft or in-progress reports.
How are reporters’ identities concealed?
- If you choose anonymity, Ethena will never make your name and email address visible in connection with a report.
- This means your employer will not see your name when viewing your report in the Ethena tool, and if you opt into follow-ups, Ethena will not associate your name with any subsequent messages in the tool between both parties.
- Reminder: The level of detail you share about an incident is up to you, and so if anonymity is your aim, please be aware that sharing certain details could be unintentionally revealing.
How does Ethena store information associated with reports and what security measures are on place to protect that information?
- Anonymous reporting data is stored in a separately maintained database with elevated security.
- Anonymous reporting data is encrypted at rest using industry standard AES-256 encryption.
- Anonymous reporting data is hosted and stored using AWS within the United States.
- Ethena holds an active SOC 2 certification.
- Ethena employees are not able to view/manage reports that have been submitted.
- Ethena works with independent security experts to regularly test the security of our systems.
Our security fact sheet and SOC 2 report are available upon request by customers and prospects.