We’re excited to share some insight into the important platform updates that arrived on Ethena on October 17th, 2022.
If you were a customer prior to 10/17/22, the system has created several default settings for your account. Let's get into them!
Annual Training with Ethena
As of October 17th, all Ethena courses now have an annual training date on which learners will receive their full core learning. The system assigned a default annual training date for you based on your team's past training history, but if you'd like to change this date to an option that's more convenient for you and your team, you'll be able to make that change in your admin hub.
A few notes:
- The earliest default training date you will see is November 14th, 2022.
- This can be updating by Editing the assignment as demonstrated in this article.
Your team has been enrolled in automatically scheduled continuous learning for each of your purchased courses. Continuous learning will no longer be released on a strict monthly or quarterly basis. For the full 2023 automated continuous learning schedule for each Ethena course, click here.
Note that Ethena will not be releasing any continuous learning in November and December of 2022, resuming automatic continuous learning in 2023. However, if you'd like to manually assign continuous learning to your team, you can do so through your updated admin tools! For the Harassment Prevention course, we recommend Mental Health in the Workplace and Celebrating Cross-Functionally.
Beginning on October 17th, the following default settings will be in place for each of your Ethena courses. All of these settings can be updated in your admin hub.
- Auto-enrollment: Your current auto-enrollment settings will remain in place for all of your Ethena courses. For any courses where you have auto-enrollment turned on, every learner in your Ethena account will be automatically assigned annual training and any automatically scheduled continuous learning for this course. For courses where you do not have auto-enroll turned, you'll be able to add learners to the course like you do today via the admin hub.
- Reminders: Reminders will be toggled on for all courses, meaning that learners will automatically be notified of new training and any training they have not yet completed.
- Deferral period: You can set a deferral period (of 1, 3, 6, or 9 months) for releasing course foundations to new hires and team members with role/location changes. New team members and folks who require additional training because of a role or location change will immediately receive their course foundations (core curriculum) training, with the exception of those who join your team of change their role within your chosen deferral period. For these team members, training will be deferred to your next annual training date. The default deferral period for all courses will be 3 months.
- Deadlines: All training assignments will have a deadline associated with them. The default deadline for existing annual training courses will be 30 days after the training is assigned. This can also be changed via the admin hub.