Once you have our custom course uploader enabled you are probably at the point of wondering "well how do I do this?" This article covers how to get things set up and what you need to know!
A helpful walkthrough of how to use LMS Essentials and add a course:
Text based version:
- Head to the course catalog option in the side bar on the left.
- Once here, click on the "Upload Course" button in the top right
- This will then open an interface where you can name your custom course. Once confirmed it'll then save in the course page at the bottom.
- You can then start to add module/s! click on add module and you'll be presented with this set of options:
- Add Content
This is where you will upload your PDF, MP4 or zipped SCORM, xAPI, cmi5 or AICC file.
Additionally we have the option to upload video via a Vimeo or Youtube link
Just select it and you will then be able to upload your custom course.
- Estimated Training Length
How long you expect this training to take. You can select from 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 and 120 minutes.
- Module Name
The name you would like to call the individual module.
Not needed, but helpful to explain what the content is covering.
- Check On Learning
A way to add questions throughout training to allow folks to progress only once the correct answer is chosen. See here for more details: How to add a Check on Learning in our LMSe
- Add Content
- Once all this is confirmed, click "Create Module" and this will now be ready to be sent out to your team!
- For adding a video link it looks a little different. there is the additional option of choosing the percentage of the video that needs to be watched before moving on. This also displays when uploading an MP4 file!
For more information on assigning your custom course we have a helpful article to get you equipped: How to add a One-off Assignment
Begin by creating a new course
Complete the setup steps
Upload your custom course file
Assign your training and send out to your team
In addition we also have a handy article that gives you a 101 of some things to keep in mind with custom courses: LMS Essentials 101